The San Juan Headwaters Forest Health Partnership has worked with its partners to develop and collect maps, reports, polygons, and relevant materials. Feel free to review and download materials from this site.
For Information on prescribed fires and wildfire in the San Juan National Forest, click HERE.
Citizen Science Monitoring Materials:
- A Citizen’s Guide to Forest Health Monitoring – SJHFHP Forest Monitoring Protocols
- A Citizens Guide to Forest Plants and Animals of the San Juan Mountains
- Forest Health Data Sheet 1
- Forest Health Data Sheet 2
- Forest Health Data Sheet 3
- Upper San Juan Mixed-Conifer Working Group Report (July 2012)
- Study of Forest Fragmentation on the Pagosa District (McGarigal and Romme)
- 2010 CFRI Mixed Conifer Report
- All Vegetation Map (3 MB)
- All Vegetation Map with Roads (3 MB)
- Colorado State Forest Service Website
Repeat Photography Locations (Pagosa Ranger District)
Take a tour of the Pagosa Ranger District Treatment Areas!
Bridging The Divide #1: The West Fork Fire:
Bridging The Divide #2: Values & Risks:
Bridging The Divide #3: Forest Management
Bridging The Divide: The Future Of Our Forests:
- Thank you National Forest Foundation!
- Background of first issues of concern
- Forest management as a solution
- The challenge of a growing WUI
- The importance of a wood products industry
- From Region 3 on the fire adapted ecosystems of the southwest
- Waldo Canyon, Black Forest and how wildfires are changing in Colorado and the American West (Denver Post)
- Reservoir Hill – Fire On The Mountain: Part I (Pagosa Daily Post)
- Reservoir Hill – Fire On The Mountain: Part II (Pagosa Daily Post)
- Reservoir Hill – Fire On The Mountain: Part III (Pagosa Daily Post)
- Reservoir Hill – Fire On The Mountain: Part IV (Pagosa Daily Post)